In order for a student to obtain a Learner’s License, the student must take the following items to the DPS:
- Student’s birth certificate (original or certified copy only), US passport, or Resident Alien Card
- Social Security Card – Original
- Verification of Enrollment (VOE) and Attendance Form (get from your high school)
- Parent’s proof of Texas residency (2 documents)
- Parent’s proof of relationship to student
- DE-964 Form (get from the driving school)
- DL-14A Application for Permit
- PARENT MUST SIGN TEXAS RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT AT DPS.
- Applicant must be 16 years old.
- The first available road test date is located on the back of the permit.
- Hutto Driving School is authorized by the DPS to give the Road Test.
- Don’t wait months for an appointment to take your road test at the DPS when you can take it today with us. Contact your location for more information. like it today
- The ITTD certification does not display an expiration date; however, the ITTD certificate is only valid for 90 days.
- If the applicant does not pass the driving skills examination within 90 days of the date on the certificate, they must review the video a second time.
- Within 90 days of the road test.
- Applicants ages 18-and older are also required to complete the ITYD.
All learning materials will be provided by Hutto Driving School.
More FAQ’s Hutto Driving School
You can get a total of 5 absences while attending the 16-day course, however, on absence 6 you will be removed from the course and required to start over again from the beginning. Failure to complete the classroom and in-car training within the contract guidelines will result in cancellation of the students learners permit. (STATE LAW)
If you are scheduled for a drive time you and you miss you will be charged a $25.00 fee . This fee is to help cover the cost of the contracted instructor who showed up for the drive time. If you need cancel a drive time you must contact the office manager and reschedule no later than 24 hours prior to your drive time. Request, confirm and cancellations for drive time should be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a date and time of scheduled drive time.
You are given a six month contract for teen drivers education and within that time frame starting from the first day of class you will need to complete the course. If you can not complete the course within that time frame due to delay in getting permit or canceling drive times you need to apply for extension to the contract to complete the course and pay a reassessment fee of $200.00 which will provide the student with an additional 60 days to complete the training.
You can make arrangements with the Office Manager to have your drive times scheduled for certain days of the week to work around your schedule for school or job.
If you signed up for the course with a friend or family member and want to finish the course together including drive times, let the Office Manager know and arrangements will be made to have both of you scheduled at the same time for drive times.
- Our classroom is designed to give the student a fun and relaxing environment.
- State of the art equipment ensures that they receive up-to-date training.